Shipping and Receiving/Junior Parts Specialist
March 28 2019, Bramgate Automotive Inc.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING/JUNIOR PARTS SPECIALIST - BRAMGATE VOLKSWAGEN - BRAMPTON, ON
As a result of the tremendous popularity of the Volkswagen brand and the continuing growth of Bramgate Automotive Inc., we have an opening for Shipping and Receiving/Junior Parts Specialist at our Brampton dealership. We are seeking professionals who have outstanding work skills and are committed to developing lifetime clientele with a leading premium brand.
Bramgate Automotive Inc. has been in business for more than 50 years. We strive to make every customer experience easy, efficient and enjoyable. If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a growing family-owned business and have the talent and passion to be a top performing ambassador we would love the opportunity to meet with you.
The Shipping and Receiving/Junior Parts Specialist has a combined role of shipping and receiving, as well as providing support to the Parts Department. This position will ensure that all orders are received or shipped in a safe and timely fashion. Responsible for taking orders over the phone and in person, as well as proactively assists customers browsing in the store, in addition to arranging special delivery needs for the customers.
- Receive; check quantity/quality/damages against packing slips of all incoming/outgoing orders (including Stock orders, Daily Orders, Cross Border shipments, and RED/Emergency Back Orders from intercompany stock transfers and any other vendors
- Put away stock parts to proper bin locations, including matching up SPORD order items with appropriate SPO slip and notify advisor(s) when their parts arrive
- Maintain buyback Return every 60 days in conjunction with VW Canada’s buyback schedule. This includes adding parts to return, keeping return area in a controllable fashion and labeling/packaging up returns to send back for credit to Volkswagen
- Assist driver in setting up delivery runs; and processing returns from wholesale clients in a timely manner
- Maintain/track/submit and return core orders for radios from our drop ship program and also radio’s that need to be emailed to Volkswagen for them to be released
- Maintain, a clean and organized stock room, including adding bin locations, deleting bin locations, keeping bins neat and tidy also keeping receiving area clean and tidy and general sweeping of stock room to keep free from debris
- Follow-up on shortages and expedite through reporting to parts manager
- Maintain cores/claims (shorts/damages), check and submit returns on a weekly basis or whenever necessary
- Support Parts Service Counter. Handle telephone inquiries, providing quotations and receiving orders for retail and wholesale clientele
- Assist with telephone and counter inquires technicians back counter, retail front counter and ordering of parts whenever necessary
- Assist team and external parts wholesale representative to promote the benefits and upsell on VW parts to new & existing wholesale clientele
- Prepare detailed invoices and customer statements
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Work in partnership with Parts Specialist, Store Managers and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Other duties as required
Education, Skills and Experiences:
This fantastic opportunity is suitable for an energetic, self-motivated, customer focused individual looking to take their career to the next level!
- High school diploma/equivalent or college courses, relevant dealership industry experience
- 2-3 years of shipping/receiving experiences
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in Shipping/Receiving, Warehouse/Retail
- Computer literate with proficiency using basic programs such as Windows and Outlook
- Good problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Health and safety compliance
- Be able to lift equipment, parts and tools as required from time to time
- Be able to operate equipment, pallet-jack, hand-truck, etc.
- Outstanding leadership and support
- Professional training and processes
- Large customer base
- Benefit package available
- Career advancement opportunities
Please apply, in confidence, by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected will be contacted.
Bramgate Automotive Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.